The Gram Jyoti School, Varanasi was established in the year 2007 after the guidance and instructions of the, then diocesan episcopa Rt. Rev. Joseph Mar Barnabas. It was started to provide quality education in English Medium to the children of nearby villages. The school is continuing to keep up the vision and mission with which it was started. The academic year in the reporting year began on 4th April, 2016. By the grace of God and prayers of many, the school has got recognition for the classes 6th, 7th and 8th. School is in the process of acquiring recognition for the lower classes. In the reporting year the school had strength of 242 students from Nursery to 8th Standard. The School provides education in CBSE pattern under CCE format in which 4 Formative Assessment examinations are conducted along with 2 Summative Assessment examinations. The students are provided quality education through qualified teachers. Right now the School has the services of Rev. Varghese Koshy (Manager), Rev. Reti John Skariah (Administrator), Mrs. Shincy Reti Skariah (Principal), 10 Teachers and 2 Non-Teaching Staff.
1) Independence Day: The School celebrated the 70th Independence Day on 15th August, 2016. Mrs. Parveen Job was the Chief Guest for the meeting. The School children presented colourful programmes based on patriotism enthralled the gathering.
2) Teachers Retreat: The retreat for the staff of school was held on 20th August, 2016. The Sessions were led by Rev. Sajesh Mathews, Dharma Jyoti Vidyapeeth, Faridabad.
3) Teachers Day Celebration: The school celebrated teachers day on 5th September, 2016. The students from 8th Standard were given responsibilities to engage some classes on behalf of teachers. Then there was an interaction with them.
4) Participation in Gram Jyoti Sports Olympiad, 2016: 29 students participated in the Gram Jyoti Sports Olympiad, 2016 held in Christa Jyoti Mission Hr. Secondary School, Beohari. The school attained Runners-Up position in the Juniors Category. It was good exposure for all the students, all of them liked the journey.
5) Annual Sports: House wise Annual Sports Competition of the School was held in the month of December. Students actively participated in all the track and field events arranged. Green House came First according to the points tally.
6) Fete and Sale: One day Fete and Sale was organized on 22nd December, 2016 in which students participated enthusiastically by setting up stalls of tasty food items and interesting games in which parents and people from nearby locality participated and encouraged the students.
7) Republic Day: The School observed the 68th Republic Day on 26th January, 2017. The Flag Hoisting was done which was followed by colourful programmes by the children. The classwise programmes were presented which included Cinematic Dances, Choreography Dances, Short skits on Patriotic themes.
8) Farewell Programme: The School organized Farewell programmes for the outgoing students of 8th Standard. The meeting was full of emotions the students recalled all the good things that they have learnt from the school. The students also stated that the school have played important role in their moulding and they have gained many things from the school.
The school also remembers the contribution of Mr. Jacob Mathew and Family, Mr. Vikas Thakuri and Mr. Anil T. N who were teaching in the institution and had to leave the school due to personal reasons. The school also remembers the contributions all those Missionary Achens and evangelists whose prayers and support have been the strength for the development of School to the position which it has attained now.
The School has been experiencing divine grace and protection all throughout these years. The Guidance and timely instructions of the Chairman Rt.Rev. Gregorios Mar Stephanos has been helpful for the progress of the school. The School also thank all the well wishers and supporters who have been caring for the school through prayers and material support. May God Almighty help us to work together for the extension of His Kingdom.
Rev. Reti John Skariah